What's in N.S.W Naturalisation Records and how do I find an Index?
Non-British subjects who wished to own land or vote in New South Wales had to be "naturalised".
You can search these records by following these steps:
1. Go to the NSW State Records On-Line Index Page
2. Click on the "N" for "Naturalization" link at the top of the page
3. Click on "Search" in the "Naturalization" box
4. Enter as much information as you can and click "Submit"
5. You will then see an individual or a list of individuals depending on the amount of information you were able to provide
6. Choose the person you would like us to search for
7. Record the full name, native place, date of certificate, page number and reel number
8. Return to this page and enter the details in the fields provided on our order form
See our Payment Terms and Methods